Did you know that the following laws and regulations might apply to your organization?
- Your website and online advertising may be subject to certain rules and oversight, depending on your industry.
- If you maintain a mailing list, you may need to comply with certain regulations designed to protect the privacy of your clients’ contact information and communications.
- If your employee and customer data is stored in electronic form, it must be stored in a manner that assures integrity and confidentiality, even if it is located on a computer not connected to any networks.
- Payment Card Information must be stored and processed according to a certain format to protect against theft and comply with privacy laws.
- In certain jurisdictions, electronic equipment must be disposed of properly, according to environmental protection laws.
The list continues. While some regulations are extremely straightforward, others are not as well known. No matter what, improper compliance can lead to serious consequences.
Keeping up with the laws and regulations surrounding operations is expensive enough. At Etnacom, we can help determine if an organization is compliant from a technology standpoint, and rectify any issues.
Note: Etnacom is not a legal firm and does not offer legal advice regarding the use of technology in the workplace. Rather, Etnacom is knowledgeable regarding laws and regulations concerning the operation of an organization’s information systems, and can propose measures that will assist in following these laws and regulations. These measures should be independently evaluated by an attorney or legal firm.